The cleaning LED warns you when you need to clean the insides of the printer (every 1000 cards processed).
Passing the adhesive card repeatedly through the printer cleans the cleaning roller. This removes any residual dust found on the front and back faces of the cards before they are introduced into the printer.
- Open the printer cover.
- Remove the ribbon from the printer if present.
- Close the cover and check it has clicked shut.
- Peel off the film from a new adhesive cleaning card supplied by Evolis.
- Double-click the control panel’s pushbutton.
- Insert the cleaning card in the feeder, adhesive face upwards. Cleaning starts.
- The used adhesive card is ejected automatically by the hopper. Remove the used adhesive card.
- Put the ribbon back into the printer.