The attempt to encode or read the magnetic stripes on your card has failed.
1. Check your cards and their positioning
- Check whether your cards are correctly orientated in the feeder.
- Check your cards do indeed have a magnetic stripe.
- Check that your magnetic cards are compatible with the encoder settings (HiCo or LoCo coercivity level).
2. Format error
- Magnetic encoding usually has to be compliant with ISO or JIS2 standards. Check your data is being sent in the correct format.
3. Read error
- The card cannot be read.
- Check the orientation of the card (see item 1).
- Check the state of the magnetic stripe on the card.
- Try again if necessary.
4. Error during check after encoding
- After each encoding operation, the printer automatically carries out a check. This process, called Read-after-Write, has shown that the card is probably incorrectly encoded.
- Encode the card again.
- If the problem persists, change the card and dispose of the defective one