Run a self test from the printer first
1. Ensure that you have the correct power supply pictured below
Using any other power supply will cause multiple issues. This includes ejecting a blank card.
2. Ensure that your printer is NOT plugged into a surge protector. If it is, plug it directly into the wall and try a self test.
3. Check to make sure that your ribbon type is set correctly in the printer driver
4. Flash the printer firmware
5. Check to make sure that the print head cable is not loose
6. Run a self adjustment with a YMCKO Ribbon
This problem will also happen if you are using a CR-79 card in an Evolis Printer that is not manufactured to print on CR-79 cards.