- If available, try a different ribbon in the printer. If it works, then contact your dealer to have the ribbon replaced.
- Plug the printer into a different wall socket or surge protector
- Update the printer firmware and driver
- Calibrate the ribbon sensor through the printer driver
- Try a printer self test. If this works, the problem is likely with your computer, driver, or badging software
- Confirm that you have the correct MagTech power supply
If none of these resolve the issue, the ribbon sensor in the printer has likely failed and will need to be replaced by an authorized service center.