Is your Fargo HDP5000 is printing a ghosted image as pictured below?
If so, try the following:
1. Run a self test from the front panel of the printer to determine whether the issue is with the printer or your computer, software, or printer driver
2. Update your printer driver and firmware
3. Calibrate your ribbon sensor
4.. Try a different ribbon
5. Check to make sure the ribbon is not binding in the cartridge. Turn one side of the ribbon core to check.
6. Remove the ribbon and film cartridges and blow out the inside of the printer thoroughly with canned air.
If these steps do not solve the issue please contact an Authorized Fargo Repair Center.