LOG IN AS THE LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR and disable the UAC (User Access Control) To do this just click on START, Type in UAC and select “Change User Account Control Settings”. Move the bar to never notify. You might need to restart the PC for this change to take effect.
1. Uninstall the old AssureTech ID-150 driver from add/remove programs
2. Unplug the device from the USB port.
3. Download and run the following driver:
Make sure you have the AssureID license Key (26 character alphanumeric license key). You need to install both the driver and the AssureID software. They are separate installers, so keep that in mind. There’s a video here if you need it:
4. After you have finished the driver installation, make sure to that the AssureID license has been activated via the system tray app icon. You do this by right clicking on the AssureID icon in the system tray and choosing Activate. I know you typed in the license when you installed the AssureID software, but you still have to activate the license after installation.
5. Make sure to run the SVM 10.0 update using the following link: